Saturday 20 February 2010

Sickly sweet pink?

Oh what ever posessed me to do a pink based card, well actually I decided to make a concerted effort to use up bits out of my scrap folder on all my cards until I've reduced it. I'm not saying no new papers but I am trying to use something from my scrap folder each time. Unfortunately after I'd coloured my gorjuss girl I didn't have any purple scraps so that had to be new, which meant I had to find co-ordinating scraps which just really left pink, oranges and yellows I think might have clashed a bit...maybe I should try it????

Well anyway. Over at sugar nellie challenge they have a fab sketch plus you have to use 1 button, 2 brads and 3 flowers. My flowers are off a little spring posie I got from hobby craft last weekend, it was marked up at £2.99 which I didn't think was bad for all those flowers but at the till it got better as it rang up at £1-99, bargin as my sis would say.

The button is quite obviously a button nothing fancy, well it is me . The brads I wasn't sure where I was going to put them until I found these gorgeously shiney purple triangular brads and they were purfect for the triangle corners, well I thought so. Actually in comparison to the fab DT cards mine is actually quite plain but I suppose that just reflects me as I'm not very fussy in style even hough I admire those clever crafters who make such beautiful works of art. I suppose it could also be my excuse for not being clever enough to make those works of art myself, hey ho never mind.
Right off to get some hopping done and maybe a little creating before the boys get up, hubby was up late watching the olympics , which I kept getting disturbed by so must have been exciting and Andrew asked not to be got up early so a little bit more time for me to do my thing undisturbed....hopefully.

Hope you all have a good day and weekend just in case I don't get to pop back, thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hi Julye ~ Well, I think that's wonderful that you are trying to use up your scraps! I am getting quite a huge pile and was just wondering what I should do with it all... want mine? lol!!! Your card is cute just the same. Even though you don't particularly like the pink. I adore pink :D Keep showing your wonderful artwork!
Love and hugs ~ Lori