Saturday 20 February 2010

Spring mischief , unless you're the gardener.

I found this freebie digital stamp on a link on Claudia Pretty Pressings site. She makes some beautiful cards with motivet stamps and they have some fab sketches but you have to use a motivet image, which I don't have well until I found this digi. I'm not really into digi images, don't get me wrong I do use them and have a few of the freebies and some I've won and I think the idea behind the and their versatility cannot be denied, but it's just not the same ar a rubber stamp.

Anyway having this digi means that I can enter the Motivet challenge and its such a beautiful layout. I thought on first looks I wouldn't like it as it had alot on there but I really love the finished card and it is likely to be a layout I use again.

While I was colouring in the cat, I was trying to decide what colours to do the flower, my inital instincts were white as I love daisies and then pink as I decded it looked a bit like the oesteoperium I think thats what they are called I have in my garden (providing they have survived all this cold and snow). Then I saw the mini daffodill flowers coming up in my front garden as I looked through the window and for some reason that made me decide on african marigolds. My colour scheme was set.

I then realised there were a coulpe of challenges on at the moment with the theme of spring or spring colours so I decided I would complete the card with those in mind.

The first being A spoonful of sugar whose theme is springtime, the next YNS want spring colours so hopefully I can enter both of these. There is another spring challenge around but they have their own sketch so thats another spring card to do, it's one way to bring it closer and yesturday was beautiful but very cold but in my kitchen I have some spring flowers and when the sun shone on them and they started to warm up if I closed my eyes with their wonderful scent I could belive it really was spring,

1 comment:

Maureen said...

So cute! Love the image - you colored it beautifully! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp Challenges!