Wednesday 19 May 2010

Mans best friend

Oh  I think Andrew is all scienced out, school teacher this morning for 2 hours and done an  English essay practice question and then chemistry and then 2 and a half hours physics revision all on electricity with Ohms law and resistance and electical conductivity. When we got to wiring a plug I could see him glazing over so it's break time, even lunch didn't restore him, maybe we'll do some more later, nuclear fusion and fision next. I actually feel I could sit next to him and do these exams , it's amazing how things come back to you, things you can't remember doing at school all those years ago in my case,oops showing my age now.

This card I did with a few challenges in mind, I'm actually not that daunted any more by male cards but can honestly say having male orientated images does help such alot. Now pretty pink girly cards is another matter, they scare me and I find them so hard to get right so I am happy with them.

I used a high hopes image that so reminds me of my brother when he was little, different kind of dog but inseprable nevertheless. The layout is for lili of the valley , which I rotated . I think it might just be easier if I just list the challenges below, then I might get chance to finish the post before have to go and do dinner and more physics. Thanks for popping by and all the kind wishes for Andrew with his exams. I really do feel for all the teenagers doing exams but its just a necessary evil of life and something most of us have to do.

Lotv-sketch layout
Klsns-show animal friend some love
Creative craft challenge-brown and blue( hope they don't mind me adding cream too)
Papercutz-cat or dog
Our creative corner-masculine birthday card
High hopes-card for young child or baby
Quirky crafts-chocolate and cream( hope they don't mind me adding blue too)
Crafty Creations-celebration or encouragement card
The creative cottage-on for the boys


Oh I found a few extras there I didn't expect when looking through my list, always like it when that happens. Thanks for dropping by and enjoy your evening.

17 comments:

Sylvia x said...

great card Julye and the cream is fine!!! thank you for joining in the fun at creative craft challenges....good luck

Saskia said...

Oooh... so cute! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creation Challenge with this great card! Good luck!

Greetings, Saskia
(Guest Designer)

sandra's crafty corner said...

lovely card hun an dont mind the cream at all, perfect card for a boy,
thanks for playing along at creative crafts xx

Elaine said...

Lovely card. I hate doing male cards! Poor Andrew, I do feel for him, but yes it is a necessary evil that we've all had to go through.
Best wishes
Elaine xx

dpkennedy said...

Adorable image! Love the texture you added! Thanks for playing the HHC!

Amy said...

Awww, this is such a cute image and card! Wonderful coloring and I love your paper choices!
And I so totally agree with you that Glee could be a 2 hour show on more than once a week! :)

Helen Dooley said...

adorable card Julye! Thanks for playing with us on PCC this week.

craftyb said...

They are a cute pair...love their expressions! Love the raffia trim...thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Kelly L said...

Very cute image for a super cute card! :) You rock those male cards. Thanks for joining us at <a href="http://KLstampinNscrappin.blogspot.com>KL Stampin N Scrappin </a>for Risa's Animal-Riffic challenge! Hugs, Kelly

Debbie said...

Man and his best friend -- great job! Thanks for joining us this week at KLSNS :)

Unknown said...

Cute guy card! Thanks for joining us this week at the OCC.

jennruggeri75 said...

Awww... such a great image! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Good luck!

Spyder said...

Thjis is a lovely card! So cute!! Thank you for joining Quirky Craft's Chocolate and Cream challenge this week!

((Lyn))

Linanna DESIGNS said...

What a fabulous card hunny, just adoring that image. Thank you for joining in with the Creative Cottage Challenge this week Linda x

Shelly said...

Fab card, love the hessian! Nice touch with the star buttons! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Shelly ;)

Sammy said...

A great card and we do not mind the cream! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges xx

Lacey Stephens said...

What a great card! I agree, boy cards are not hard to do if you have the right image! And this one is a cutie!! Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge last week. We have another fun one this week...Spring Flowers! Use an image with flowers, DP with flowers, or add flowers to your card! We would love for you to play along again.
~Lacey
High Hopes DT
www.stampandcreate.com