Sunday 5 September 2010

Anniversary circle slider card

Hi all well two posts in quick sucession but this is one I made earlier and entered into the simply create dt  but as I didn't get on the team and when you see the team its easy to know why I thought I could now post it as it fits a couple of challenges.

I had great fun making my first slider card a little while ago and once I'd mastered that I decided to do a circle slider for my anniversary card for my hubby a week ago. It had it's own problems but I sorted them and was quite pleased with the result too. It made a change dong a card without an image and as I had this fab rub on, quite soppy I know but I liked it. I added punched daisies as we had gerbras for our wedding flowers as we couldn't get proper daisies and our bridesmaids wore royal blue.
I have to admit I did add some acetate to the bottom so it would stand up but the look of the card remained circular. The words on the slider say 'always and forever'.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:-

Creative Inspirations-anything but a square or rectangle
Secret saturday craft challenge- clean and simple, well my design is even if the card takes a bit of messing, but once you've done one it's easy
Treehouse thursday-circle card
The ABC challenge-C is for charms
Crafty creations-white plus one other colour

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card, such a beautiful design, love the slider effect and the colours work beautifully...

Thanks for joining SCSC Clean and simple theme this week and good luck
x
Vicky

melsanford said...

Awww, this is beautiful! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

jude said...

Gorgweous card Julye Thanks for joining us over at Creative Inspirations .Good luck hun
hugs judex

jaine drake said...

What a lovely card and so clever too. Thanks for entering the challenge this week at creative inspirations.

Suzi Mac said...

Beautiful card Julye, love the shape, colour and the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH my GOSH - this is GORGEOUS! I love that blue it's so striking and great slider too!!!
Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations this week!
Melissa

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Julye this is absolutely gorgeous I love this style card and the shape is fantastic so is the colour I love thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Stephanie said...

This is beautiful, thanks for playing along with us at Treehouse Stamps!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Great card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Virginia L. said...

Striking color combo and intricate design! Thanks for playing with us at TReehouse Challenge!

Autumn said...

What a great slider card! Beautiful color combo! Thanks for playing at CI!
xxAutumn

Daisychain said...

A beautiful card, thank you for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations. Hugs Christine x

sandra's crafty corner said...

wowzers this is fabulous xxx

Anonymous said...

hi! what i like about your card is the round style cause every card the same in cutting so it is a little different and if you added some black outline it would be embossed . i just add your link to show my friends .


Plastic card printing
Plastic Cards