Wednesday 1 September 2010

A birthday card for DAD

My hubby has a birthday on saturday and though I've not yet made a card for him my son put his order in early. The remit, not fussy and he picked the image from some I got in a rak and told me what colours , ruby top and azure bottoms with a soft lime stripe oops I forgot that bit, never mind it has already been given approval so don't need to make another. Boys can be so boring wanting plain sometimes, I mean I don't exactly do fussy and fancy cards or masterpieces comer to that not like some of the clever crafters out there who make things with so many layers and flowers and lace and sparklew and it looks so beautiful, when I have a go it looks a bit like a bad pizza.

Oops digression keep to the task in hand.

My card, well as I said a birthday card, everybody needs some in stock so something you can all make and then come across to Penny's and join in as that is our challenge this time. We are so kind to all you busy crafters getting back into the school routine and those who have babes who have flown the nest or just don't have babes now have to suffer the increase in traffic on your way to work once the schools are back.

Just think cards for those at work, cards for new friends made at school when your dear offspring come home and say, 'I need a birthday card for... tomorrow'. Don't you just love it when that happens, and how good would it be to say there you are with no stress. Come on we all need a little help to get organised as I know I live in a world of semi organised chaos and I can't be alone, there must be others like me.

I kept to my remit not fussy and the colour scheme, so there isn't really alot to say about my card. Image coloured with promarkers, papers I think are docrafts, and the 'DAD' is cut out freehand in metalic blue card and a peel off happy birthday to finish. 



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

Meljen-happy birthday
Craft-milestone birthday/anything goes Dad's a big whopping 45 any birthday is a milestone in our house!
Crafty Emma's store-anything goes
Friday sketches-the layout
Sew many challenges-happy birthday
The corrosive challenge-masculine card

10 comments:

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

melsanford said...

Fab card! I love this image :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

~Jeri~ said...

Very cute card! Adorable image!

Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges!

Alanna said...

Super cute.

Sue said...

Hi Juyle
fabulous card, great image & design,thank you for joining us on our first challenge at CES, hope to see you next week, sue,x

kim.mom said...

Great job! He's going to love it! TFS with us at SMC!

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous DAD card Julye your son has taste love the image and colours thank you for joining us at SMC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Emma said...

A fabulous card, brilliant image.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges, hope to see you again this week.
Hugs Emma x

Marjo said...

Great card, it's really a great "man card" Wonderful DT creation.

Hugs, Marjo

Janet said...

awesome card! thanks for playing at the corrosive challenge blog!
hugs