Wednesday 1 September 2010

I'm a tiger , I'm a tiger

Oh I had great fun making this fun card, not sure what sentiment to add though and I took some liberties too as I missed off some embellishments that were on the layout, so I'm open to suggestions as to what to use. I did try flowers but they just looked a bit odd, suppose its the kind of flowers I've got although I did try making some pleated ones and some punched ones but they still just looked as if I'd just put them there for the sake of it. I thought about the word 'Roar' but again why?

The image is one of dustin pikes from his zoo collection that I was lucky enough to win and their challenge is no designer papers. I decided to use paw prints from a see d set of dog stamps for my backing and that and the tiger just led to the autumnal colour scheme and the passion for promarkers layout. The ribbony bits well the broad one was from a small towel bundle I got from asda and was used to tie them together, the narrow one is from some scrapbooking set from costco. The paw prints small were stamped in cocoa momento ink, the large in versamark powder embossed with clear powder and the paper then coloured in momento cocoa ink so all matched.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;-

Dooodle dragon studios-no designer papers
Passion for promarkers-fall colours and sketch layoutoops missed the deadline
Treehouse thursday challenge-fall colours
The stampman-musical can't get this song out of my head , from lady gaga to lulu!

4 comments:

Gramma said...

I love your version of Dustin's tiger! The LO and background papers are really great too!

Unknown said...

what a great card,I LOVE tigers and yours is soo cute, tfs and goodluck

Lelia Pierce said...

Great job on adding some "DP" to the no DP challenge! Thanks for joining us at Doodle Dragon Studios! Good luck!

XXX

Vixykins said...

Grrrrreat image (boom boom!) Fab work hun

Thank You for playing The Stampman challenge x