Wednesday 10 November 2010

Blow away the cobwebs

Mum always use to say that, when you're feeling sluggish and a bit off colour , a good brisk walk in the cool autumn or winter air blows away the cobwebs . I suppose there's alot in old sayings as cold air doesn't do bugs and viruses much good so if its the start of a cold it might just kill off any cold viruses  having a few lung fulls of cold air, though no jumping in the freezer!

Now you are all totally confused and thinking my brain is definitely more fuddled than usual but there is method to this mad rambling, and that is to show you all my DT project for Penny's craft challenges this time. We have a challenge of something altered so time to have some real fun recyling or crafting up those little christmas and holiday gifts. This was the first thing I've conciously altered for a challenge though I'm sure in the past I've changed the appearance of picture frames etc and just not realised that it was an altered project. I decided that I wasn't keen on the blue tissue box I had in my living room, my walls are off white as is my sofa and I have beige and pale blue scatter cushions so dark royal blue stood out like a sore thumb. Not anymore as this is now what it looks like, and isn't Tilda blowing bubbles adorable. She was coloured with promarkers and stickled for sparlke, one for each of the long sides of the box and a bit of ribbon and all toned in.




Now its your turn can't wait to see what you come up with. For more inspiration hop on over to Penny's and see what the rest of the DT came up with.





 

2 comments:

Beate said...

Great altered Kleenex box. Darling image and great coloring.
Hugs and smiles

Monica said...

Great way to alter a tissue box... would be wonderful if you could share the tutorial.

xxx Monica