Tuesday 15 February 2011

Teenagers?

Well I have to admit I do sometimes have problems coming up with cards for my teenage son and nephew and their friends, but when it comes to teenage girls I find that even harder as I'm never sure if I should just stick with cute, or what the in colours for girls of this generation or what?

We have a new challenge over at Creative craft challenges and were very kindly given a digi image to work with by our sponsor Dragon's Lair Designs and I got one for a girl card, make up and a bag, the digi not for real. The winner will receive a gift certificate for 4 images from their store Stamping Dragon Designs.

Now I'm sure all of you know by now I am so not a pink girl and as I have a neighbours daughter who happens to be a young teenager, birthday thought this would be perfect. Now when this young lady chose the decoration for her bedroom last summer she chose teal green, previously it had been pink, so I'm guessing she will still be into teal and pink is definitely out.

I coloured my image with a mix of Promarkers and sakura glaze pens, well I figured the glaze pens would look like shiny plastic for the containers and the nail polish and of course I had to have some sparkly so the background is glitter paper. I added a simple peel off sentiment and mounted on a cream base card. Don't think her mum would be pleased though if she spilt nail polish like that though.

I added dimension to the image by double printing and adding stick pads to make it stand out.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

I did it creations-bling it up
Create for fun-layout
Incy wincy-use 2 different colouring mediums

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hi Julye Your card is so kewl and the gel markers do give it that look of nail polish on it to
Thanks for Sharing at Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT