Saturday 9 April 2011

Rain rain go away

I know we need rain to help keep our gardens green and more importantly fill our resovoiurs but in my world every day would be sunshine and it would only rain between the hours pf 11pm and 5 am.

Right on to the job in hand my project. I have decided that I need to get a little more organised so I've started sorting out my stamps and instead of them being crammed into drawers have spread them out a bit and in doing so I realised I have alot of images I forget I have and I tend to use the newer one, I decided I needed an ibnventory so I can use it as a reference and have a fuller chouice of images to use. I found some neat wee index files at Asda £1-50 each and extra cards at £1 a pack so I've been buying them over the past few weeks. I've nearly completed by inventoru index and have stamped every stamp I own well nearly just my stamp man ones to do and then print each of the digi images I have collected and file them so I will know exactly what I've got and for the most part who the image is produced by.

This wee file is for girly images so I decided to experiment and pretty it up. I say experiment as I wasn't sure it I heat embossed it that I wouldn't melt it. I found I had to keep the heat gun moving and kept stopping between flowers to let the cover cool as if not I could see it starting to bubble.

I embossed using pale blue brilliance ink and clear powder. The image a digi freebie from Papilio stamps I coloured with a mix of promarkers and sakura pens, I use to have a shiney bright green mac in my early 20's and I so loved it still do like green and most other bright colours too.I mounted on irridescent blue mirricard I got from a computer fair ages ago and the sentiment is from a kit I got from QVC also seems like forever ago.

I'm sure you'll see more of these as I have another 4 so far and hopefully it will mean you see a greater variety of images on my craft projects too. 



I would like to enter my index file into the following challenges:-

Fairy friday-nursery rhyme inspired, rain, rain go away
If the shoe fits-spring well whats more spring in the uk than april showers
Allsorts-anything but a square
Stamp something-sassy/circles
Papilio stamps-not really a challenge I got it wrong but they do have cute images
Sentimental sundays-lets get wet
Bling it on-use a digi(lots of shine does that count as bling? if not please discount my entry)
Crafty calendar-april showers brings may flowers
Crafty creations-rain showers


13 comments:

Nikbee said...

How organised are you? I love the file and the image is wonderful.

Nikki x

Sue H @ Astrachic Studio said...

Hi Julye,
I love being the first to comment!
You have been a busy bee. Great feeling being organized. Your file looks sweet. This winter I will be wearing my red jacket a must have 2winters ago that I haven't worn yet!!! Bit like the unused stamps I think!
Although Jackets go great with Boots which are my fav part of winter ;) Comfy and make me look taller.
So for Easter I plan to spend time with family. Bit of bubbly. Some choccies all good. I think we will
have visitors staying from the country. A bit of a girly time.
Just a fun relaxing time,
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hope your son has a lovely birthday. My baby boy turns 23 next weekend and all is well so thats great!
Have a happy Spring time,
Love your Daffodil Card,
<3 Sue

lynne said...

This is a great idea as i have so many digi images on my computer and i forget what i have! You have inspired me into doing one of these files. Well Done!
Your image is adorable and love the embossing onto the folder!

Thanks very much for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!

Lynne x

Deb said...

really lovely creation Julye, fabulous colors and great Nursery Rhyme, thanks so much for sharing with us at Prairie Fairy Fridays
Debs
xxx

craftyb said...

Your file looks great - i love the embossed flowers on it. your wee gal is adorable! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

Fleur said...

What a lovely gift, the image is so sweet too
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Cheryl said...

This is adorable! What a wonderful gift!


Thank you for joining our “Let’s Get Wet” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

~Cheryl~


**Check out my Meljen’s Designs & Whimsy Stamps blog candy!**

Laney said...

so cute Julye!!
Thanks for joining us for this months challenge at Bling it On hope to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great idea and its so much easier to find things when you are organised....

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

lesleyworth said...

Fantastic idea for decorating your file! Lovely image! Thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

BrossArtAddiction said...

Beautiful journal creation!

Thanks for joining us over at Fairy Fun Fridays this week and good luck! :D

xx Tracey xx
PFD/DT

Christine said...

Très jolie !
Merci de te joindre à FFF Challenge

Bises
Christine

Shell said...

Gorjuss card hun, love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Bling It On this month.
Shell xx