Tuesday 28 October 2014

Crystal anniversary

My brother and sister in law celebrated their 16th wedding anniversary earlier this month  and this is the card I made to send my good wishes. 16 years is traditionally celebrated with crystal so I used this fab freebie from bird house and cut out the sections between the hearts, I filled the hearts with glitter glue crystal colour of course and the outline I coloured with silver metallic promarker. The base card is metallic  pearlised silver and I used some paper from papermania  for the mat layer. The sentiment is a silver peel-off mounted on more silver card. have to say I was very happy with the result.
Here is a closer look at the heart.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

fan-tastic tuesday challenge- anything goes with a twist of monochromatic
passion for promarkers-add some sparkle
through the craft room door-always anything goes
my craft creations-always anything goes
the pink elephant-anything goes
crafting when we can-black and white
vandicrafts-black and white

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just so beautiful. Love the ensemble of sparkly hearts and vintage feel.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I love the sparkle hearts and overall layout. :)
Thank you for sharing on this week's Artistry Challenge. Come back on Saturday or Sunday to vote for you two favorite crafts!
Melissa - Vandicrafts

Unknown said...

A beautiful card I'm sure your brother & sister-in-law will love this card. Thanks for joining us at CWWC & good luck

Poppet said...

Such a beautiful card Julye. You've taken so much care to make this card I bet your brother and sister-in-law loved it.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Eileen said...

Love the monochrome look here. Great use of your die cut.Thanks for joining in with our 'Add Some Sparkle' challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week, and good luck
Eileen x

Julie said...

Hi Julye - hope you're well! Lovely card and great use of your metallic promarker! Thanks for joining us at A Passion for Promarkers this week, Juliexx