Saturday 5 September 2015

Autumnal birthday

Summer is my favourite time of year as I really am a sunshine girl, it really lifts your spirits especially when you hear the buzzing bees , singing birds and watch the colourful butterflies fluttering to the sweet smells that all the pretty colourful flowers emit. Well that's an ideal summer but this year there hasn't been many days like that as we have had our fair share of rain too, I know that is what makes our country green and pleasant but why cant it just rain between 10 pm and 5 am and the days be warm and sunny.

Autumn can be wonderful too when the sun shines as the skies seem to be a much richer blue than in summer and the leaves offer just as much colour as they die and dry out sad when you put it like that really.



Autumn has a few birthdays and wedding anniversaries too for our family a bit like august really so for this card I decided to use the season as my inspiration. I used sugar Nellie stamps from a fab set that has cute animals and people too for boys and girls and I have used them for birthdays ,retirement and even Christmas cards.

I used the leaf and acorn branch and quite a bit of masking to create a border around the edge of my matting layer. I coloured the leaves randomly with a selection of promarkers in browns, reds,oranges and yellows with the oak leaves in green just for contrast. I coloured the central area in cyan blue which is the nearest I could get to the rich sunny autumn sky rather than the dull wet autumnal sky we so often see.

The focal image I stamped onto a cream die-cut oval to match the base card and again coloured with promarkers. I edged the oval with faux stitching in cyan blue to tie in with the base layer. 


I finished the card with some orange ribbon and a bow and two sentiment tags from lily of the valley so I can use this to send my sister in law birthday wishes in a few weeks.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

the sugar bowl - anything goes

Aud's sentiments - fall fun

graphit markers colour crazy challenge - anything goes/backgrounds


craft dee bowz - anything goes

animal friends - forest animals

house of cards - stitch it up

our creative corner - shades of autumn


crafting musketeers - autumnal colours



cute card thursday - autumn leaves

kraftin kimme-use a tag




17 comments:

Janice said...

A super card to share with us this week at OohLaLa. Love your image choice and card design, and that's such a pretty little bow with the sentiment tags hiding underneath. Love it, Jx

~ginny said...

A delightful 'Fall Fun' card Julye! I love that little detail of the beautifully made orange bow. Thank you for sharing your project and creativity with us at Aud Sentiments for our Fall Fun challenge!
~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Lin said...

You've captured the feel of fall beautifully, Julye! I just love those clear blue skies and the colors of the leaves! Thanks for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Lys said...

Autumn inspires you indeed! A pretty card for our challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative corner.

Craft buddy said...

I love squirrels, this is a great image for our animal challenge at MAWTT this week. Love your autumnal color scheme and that bright orange ribbon, seasonal crafting at its best. x Jessie

StephC said...

Very pretty card! The background is fantastic, and the image is darling. What a cool way to incorporate your stitching also. Great job! So glad you shared with us at House of Cards!

Barbara Bruder said...

This is such a sweet card. I love autumn and you have captured the season on your card.Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Hugs, Barbara { Craft-Dee BowZ}

Helene Ericsson said...

Such lovely autumn colours! Thank you for entering our challenge at the Sugar Bowl, I hope to see you again.

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

A super sweet fall themed card you have created! I like the colors you chose and how you did the sentiments on the tage! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments with this fall-themed creation!
Jennifer, DT

Joan said...

Lovely autumn card with a darling image!!! Great border too!! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La!

Mynn xx said...

What a beautiful card! I LOVE the bold colors and fun fall feel! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I love that ribbon with all of the fall flowers. Great job on the challenge and thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
Tina -DT

Unknown said...

love the bold autumn colours , thank you for joining us at Crafting Musketeers Paula DT x

Shawna said...

I just love this card Julye! Autumn happens to be my favorite season!! And you captured it perfectly.. Color is what makes autumn... well... autumn! And yes you are correct that the sky is gray a lot of the time but when it is blue watch out because it is so beautiful!! You harnessed the spirit of fall but you know what I like the best about this card? I like the fact you left the acorns white!! It makes all the other colors just jump off the page. gives the other colors a bit of separation. Plus, it allows your focal image to shine!! The blue stitching frames this delightful little girl so well. I want to thank you so much for joining us at HOC.. I am looking forward to seeing more of you work..
Hugs,
Shawna -DT member

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Lovely card thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations hugs Sue DT xx

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for joining in our "Stitch It Up!" challenge at House Of Cards :)

Julia S-W said...

Super cute card! Thanks so much for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner. Julia x