Tuesday 15 September 2015

Heifer happy birthday

I was lucky enough to be given this fab penny black stamp quite a while ago and have never got around to inking it up. I wasn't quite sure what occasion to use it for but I decided it would make a fun teen girl birthday card.

I used scraps from my reds/pinks scrap folder, I'm never quite sure whether the papers I used are red or deep pink, but either way I thought it would be perfect for a teenage girl. I coloured the image with promarkers although there wasn't really a lot of colouring just really deep red/pink for the balloon and pale pink for the udder and nose and hooves, all different shades of course. I cheated a little on trying to keep to monochrome as I used green on the grass didn't think pink grass would work hope for the monochrome challenges I am entering will forgive me.



I used a Martha Stewart daisy border punch on the striped paper to form the borders to the base layer.The banner I used some paper with daisies on and after cutting a strip  hand cut the ends and then used sticky pads to raise the ends to add dimension. 

I added a couple of daises and a double hand tied bow and a button all pink of course. The sentiment is hand written around the edge of the image and I know its not spelt correctly but thought that just added to the fun pun and as so many teens talk by phone and short hand too I thought it would be ok.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Penny Black Saturday challenge - 3 or more patterned papers

Penny Black and more - anything goes

crafty ribbons - happy birthday 

If you give a crafter a cookie - photo inspiration


SLS lines - monochrome

 Suzy Bees - anything goes twist of monochrome


The ribbon girl - anything goes with a ribbon and an image


crafty boots - monochrome

OLLCB - ribbons and bows

The cutie pie challenge - birthday and layout

quirky crafts - animal magic

Bunny Zoes september challenge - teens and tweens

15 comments:

Lisa xx said...

Such a sweet card....how gorgeous is that stamp!

Thank you for joining in with the Cuties xx

Ina G said...

Just the cutest card. Love the stamp soft colours you chose and such a feminine layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week Julye.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at If you give a Crafter a Cookie, good luck!!! Amy DT

Dee's Craft Room said...

So cute, I love the whimsy image and your fab pink design. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Nancy said...

That is a fabulous stamp....it's about time she got some ink on her! Fantastic card and love the way you did the sentiment too! Thanks for joining us this week at JUGS!

Joan said...

Such a cute card - love the bows and fun image you used!!! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La!!

Annalisa G said...

I love how your banner is also a bow. Super cute image and card. Great work! Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique Challenge Blog. -Annalisa (DT)

Janice said...

Super card, a lovely PB and a gorgeous design, thanks for playing at OohLaLa, Jx

Marie Richardson said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with us over at SLS Lines challenge blog.
Good luck with the challenge.
Hugs
Marie DT member
Xxxx

Wendy Fraser said...

Super card, really cute, love the image, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Lovely card
Thanks for sharing at crafty ribbons
Hugs Kelly

Kelly Lloyd said...

Hello just stopping by again to thank you for sharing your cute card with us at the cutie pies
Hugs Kelly

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge!

Anything with cute little cows always make me smile!!!

♥ Sue Kment

susiestacey said...

Great card, love the fun stamp.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts & good luck x Susan x

Helen said...

Awww...so cute!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x