Friday 4 September 2015

Margarita birthday

My hubby has his 50th birthday today and much as he wants to downplay it as just another day I really want it to be a day filled with as many happy memories as possible as that's what birthdays and non birthdays should be full of. 


He has to go to work but his sister and brother in law are coming for dinner and I have him a birthday cake for at home, and one to take to work with the only photo of him as a baby that his mum gave me ages ago, printed by Asda. It  should give him one fun memory when his work colleagues see how cute he was with his blonde curly hair(which is grey now).


His card from me is simple, of course it had to have a big number 50 on it and a happy birthday sentiment. The house mouse stamp I bought especially for this card and although its called martini mouse I masked the area over the olive as I wanted to turn the drink into a margarita. My hubby found margaritas about a year ago when our son took us out for a meal and he saw someone else having one and wanted to try it.Once tried he was hooked and on our last holiday it was his cocktail of choice as he said it was refreshing. I personally think it looks like dirty dishwater and tastes just as disgusting as I think dirty dishwater would taste. Please don't take my opinion as a non recommendation as there aren't many alcoholic drinks I do like, so me not liking it doesn't mean it really is bad.

I coloured the image with promarkers and then added glossy accents to the glass. I added a line of sakura glitter gel pen to the streamer and once the glossy accents were dry I used some PVA to line the rim of the glass and sprinkled with white glitter to represent the salt.


I layered the image on green metallic card and then had to decide on the background for the card. I used a white base card and of all the papers I have I couldn't find one that looked right . The card didn't look right without some kind of background so after a little bit of experimentation I came up with some hand drawn cocktail glasses that I coloured as margaritas, again using sakura glitter gel pen for the salt.


I was really happy with the finished result and when my hubby smiled and laughed at his card this morning I knew it was the right image.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

One stitch at a time-our 4 legged friends

The craft barn - animals

613 ave.create - anything goes twist use the table

craft your passion - anything goes

artistic inspirations - anything goes/school

fantastic-tuesday - anything goes twist make it cute

my whimsical little world - anything goes

scrap creations - anything goes

sweet stamps - anything goes

cards und more - clean and simple



  

11 comments:

Margaret said...

So cute. Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time. Good luck! Maggie DT

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you for entering our third challenge "Anything Goes" over on the "My Whimsical Little World" challenge blog.

Great card for a great occasion. Love the backing you have made yourself as well as those gorgeous mice in the image.

I hope you will join us for more of our future monthly challenges. Lots of images to be won.

<3 & hugs
Lisa xxxx MWLW DT Team Leader

Jane said...

Fabulous card Julye! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Stempelomi said...

lovely card! Thanks for joinng us at cards and more and good luck! Hugs,Beate

Tanvi said...

Such a fun card Julye! TFS at Craft Your Passion#277!

Tanvi said...

Such a fun card Julye! TFS at Craft Your Passion#277!

Nicky G said...

Love the way you used the house mouse image, well done. Good luck and thanks for entering the My Whimsical little world blog challenge. Hope to see you again in future ones.

Carla's Cards said...

Thanks for sharing this fun card with Artistic Inspirations!

Anonymous said...

wow ! Stunning card , thank you for entering My Whimsical little world Challenge xx Lisa xx

Marie Richardson said...

Lovely card, love how you have created your backing. thanks for joining in with our challenge over at My Whimsical Little World challenge blog
Hugs
Marie DT member
Xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable card, thanks for joining us at my whimsical little world this month, dont forget to come back on the 1st to see if you are a winner xx