Monday 7 September 2015

Special friends

We all have a special friend and many are human but to me the best kind of special friend is one of 4 legs be it canine or feline as they give their love and friendship so unconditionally though I have to say dogs do tend to be a little more unconditionally loving than cats as cats often seem to have their own agenda but that doesn't mean they are any less loving. I can say this as I have had some of the most special doggy friends and my son's cat is very loving and attentive most of the time unless she is having her own agenda time and that's generally entertaining.



My card today reminds me so of the loving four-legged friends I grew up with the only thing is that each time one of these special friends goes to doggy heaven or I know it will be the same with pussy cat heaven when the time comes for my sons cat that they take a piece of your heart with them even though they leave a little bit of themselves behind with you.


I coloured this super cute image with promarkers,lily of the valley really do have some fab stamps and this one is no exception. I seem to be having a purple moment of late and seem top have done several cards in purple. The different papers I used to mat and layer are all scraps from my bits files so sorry but I'm not sure where of who makes any of them.

The roses are from my stash and were originally from JTF many moons ago I don't know if they still sell them as its been a while since I've been. The ribbon also came from there at the same time and I tied a cute bow just to finish the die cut shape that I think is spellbinders but again am not sure, I really will have to take more notice.


No sentiment as I think the image says it all special friends.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

squirrels random challenge -friendship and purple

atlantic heart sketches - layout (but was too late to enter)

clear it out challenges - anything goes any stash


crafting for all seasons - tic,tac,toe I used flowers ,die cut and patterned paper


allsorts - lots of layers

suzy bees- anything goes with a twist of toys

the craft barn - stamping

613 Ave create - anything goes/chart twist image/diecut/solid colour/flowers/ribbon

whopsi daisy - add embellishments

the ribbon girl - add flowers

OSAAT - anything goes /gratitude

Karleigh Sue challenges - ribbon and or flowers

8 comments:

brenda said...

So many lovely layers here Julye and great colours as well, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.

B x

Mervi said...

Love your choice of lilac colours on this beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m

Jytte said...

Lovely card. So pretty!

Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.

Jytte, DT :)

michele said...

Lovely card :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Lisa Mensing said...

Gorgeous card! Love the image, so sweet. Thanks for playing along at Clear It Out's Anything Goes Challenge. Lisa DT

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy. Hope to see you again next time.

Jane said...

Such a cute card, thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

julie1 said...

beautiful, love the colours, thank you for joining us at whoopsie daisy, hope to see you again and good luck xx