Sunday 18 September 2016

Christmas Bauble improvisation

Two Christmas cards this time using a mix of dies and stencils from spellbinders, Britannia and memory box .

I used this card by Pam for inspiration and although I didn't have the exact dies I tried to improvise.

For my first card I used a memory box stencil as a base layer for my card on top of a white base card. I haven't yet used my stencils in any conventional way by colouring through them but am loving using them for embossing.


I used fancy music border cut in glossy black card to create my musical backdrop.


I used Eliana bauble again from memory box,cut it twice and inlaid one with the other.

I used spellbinders poinsettia and used 3 yellow pearls for the centre.
No sentiment on this card as the stencilled background says merry Christmas though I could add a sentiment later not sure yet.

 For my second card I decided to hand draw my music score and just used the notes from fancy music border , no background this time other than the music. After looking at my photos I need to fill the gap in my treble clef.


I ued the remaining  pieces of my bauble die-cuts and pointsettia dies but this time added a Britania die cut 'seasons greetings'.


I quite like both cards but think the stencil embossed backing just adds that little bit of Christmas magic.
I would like to enter these cards into the following challenges:-

QKR - anything goes

Creative  corner - no patterned paper

Creative fingers - anything goes

Glitter n sparkle - anything goes

MFP - anything goes

TDLLC  facebook challenge - Memory box challenge
(Been crafting for as long as I can remember in one form or another but die cutting other than cutting mats for about a year and still learning)

A bit more time to craft - anything goes

CRAFT - Christmas



7 comments:

lauren bergold said...

what a beautiful and CLEVER card... each detail is so well-thought-out and beautifully constructed. i love everything about this! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (no stamp!) STASH with us this week! :)

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Your card is wonderful! Your stitching is fantastic! This card is stunning and I bet it's even more beautiful in person where you can see the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at MFP Stamps Challenge!!
Hugs

Sherri said...

What a stunning card! Beautifully crafted and sure to be a favorite with whoever gets it! Thanks for joining us this week for the QKR Stampede weekly challenge!

Ravengirl said...

So very pretty!

Dorothy S said...

So pretty with the "music" to set off the lovely bauble. Thank you for entering the QKR Stampede - anything goes - challenge this week. Dorothy S, DT member.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

Aileen said...

wonderful card, love the design and layers.