Sunday 4 September 2016

How to use it all

I love this little flower die and was inspired by this card by Sherry which you can see here from memory box .
For my first card I used some of my old ink pads that are on their last legs as the pads seem to be disintegrating or they are drying out.


I used a London fog ink for the base colour which I had to add a splash of water to to actually get colour from it. I rubbed it over a stitch edged rectangle. Instead of being grey it had a green tinge but I quite liked it.  I then used the negative from the daisy die to use as a stencil and once the base colour had dried I used the same ink to the petals through the stencil.


I then used a peony dye, and slightly offset the flower head and inked again. I then I added the daisy outline over the inked flower heads. I added some small die cut butterflies again coloured with the same inks and attached randomly along with 3 small pale pink sequins.


I finished the card by adding a ribbon and a hand tied bow to the rectangle and a tag sentiment stamped with the grey ink using a lily of the valley stamp and adding all to a white base card.



I wanted to make full use of my die so I decided to make another card using the negative bits. This time I used a pale blue with the peony pink and when the ink was dry layered the petals .I used a white sakura gel pen to outline the petals and leaves then drew stems to complete the flowers.


I added white butterflies this time but no sequins.


I finished with white ribbon and again a tag from lily of the valley stamp fussy cut.


One die,two cards ,two different looks  no waste.


I would like to enter these cards into the following challenges:-

Deep Ocean challenges - things with wings

My time to craft - something that flies

Everybody art -butterflies

MFP - CAS birthdays



Dragonfly journey - butterfly






6 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Both cards are very pretty! Lovely details! Thanks for playing along with us at MFP Stamps Challenge!!
Hugs!

Susan Sudbury said...

These are two beautiful cards!! The designs are beautiful, and I love how you've used your inks to create such beautiful color combos!! Thank you for joining us at CAGI this week!
Susan - DT

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Very Clean and fresh card! Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Come and Get It~
Carolyn DT

Ravengirl said...

What a soft and pretty card!

Jeannie said...

Hi Julye! This is very, very pretty and I just love all of the dimension too. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys