Sunday 8 January 2017

Hedgehog party fun

I  am so loving the fun cards you can make with these poppystamps cottage fence dies and base with the added bonus that they fold flat for posting at the normal rate too.

I decided a bright and fun birthday card for my sister who has a birthday this month, but no worries she dosen't check out my blog so she'll not see the card early.

I used a penny black stamp as the foal image and once coloured with promarkers and the balloons made to shine with sakura glaze pens fussy cut them out.


I cut the base and side panels from green card.
I used a memory box tree die Alessandria and cut 2 out and coloured them with promarkers. I created a third tree like a fir tree ti stick in the middle, I did try 3 trees the same but it just didn't look right.
I created some bunting and added a happy birthday sentiment to them before sticking in place. The trees were positioned and stuck in place on the back fence ensuring that their overalll height didn't exceed the sixe of the envelope I intended to use. I completed the trees by adding a stamped patchwork pals owl again coloured with promarkers.


On the side panels I completed the scene by stamping and colouring with promarkers and sakura glaze pens more hedgehogs, I had this picture in my mind of mum and dad at the front , mischievous children in the middle and older children bringing up the rear of the family procession. I again fussy cut the images out and stuck to the front of the fence panels.



To support the balloon I used some acetate , love acetate packaging as it is always a little stiffer than craft acetate I find and it allowed me to give the impression of the balloon floating without having card there to support it.


That led to the idea of making the naughty children being able to fly ,I used the acetate to create strips which I folded so they formed a hollow cube. I stuck these to the base card and then the baby hedgies at different heights on the cubes to give the appearance that they are bouncing or floating along . By making the acetate that shape it still folds flat and fits in the envelope with ease.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

MAWTT -something in the air


cards und more -party animals

Stempelsonne -anything goes

Fabrika fantasy -happy anything

passion for promarkers - anything goes

Penny Black and more - anything goes

Shopping our stash -get in shape


16 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

All I can say is WOW!! Ok, I will say this too.....this is incredibly creative, adorable, fun, colorful, fabulous!!!
Your sister is one lucky gal, I really hope she doesn't peek because I know she will be delighted when she opens the envelope.
So many details, all wonderful on this card, thank you so much for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you join us again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Chana Malkah said...

This is just too adorable! I love the design choices you've made here. Each image is fully in command of its space and it all works together to present an interesting and cohesive design! Thanks for the fun and thanks for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Jackie Reader said...

Your card is so cute, beautiful design and well thought out. Great use of acetate packaging. Your Sister will be thrilled to receive the card. Jackie DT MAWTT x

Mimi said...

Oh, how bright and fun! A card like this works for any gender, and any age person! (Okay, maybe not some men...), but anybody could certainly appreciate the crafts-woman-ship! It is quite well constructed! I enjoyed reading your description of this project as well. Thanks for sharing at SOS this week!

Wendy L said...

Wonderful design for our challenge, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, that is sooooooooooooo amazing & adorable! a great idea, beautifully executed... plus: HEDGEHOGS!!!!! :) :) :) great take on "shape up" at SHOPPING OUR STASH! <3

The Crafty Den said...

What a very clever and fun card Julye. I love the cute hedgie images and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Unknown said...

Those hedgehogs are so super cute!! Thanks for joining us at Cards Und More!

Handmade by Veer said...

Wonderful card! Love the images and the design! Thank you for joining us at Fabrika Fantasy
Veronique DT

Anja said...

What a beautiful design :)
Thanks for joining us at Cards und More.
Anja

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation,really creative thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Greta said...

Very clever & cute! Wonderful card for your sister! Glad you joined us at PBSC!

Stempelomi said...

so cute! And great work!Thanks for joining us at cards und more and good luck! Hugs,Beate

debo said...

Lovely card
Thanks for playing at Fabrika Fantasy
hugs debo DT
#FabrikaFantasy

Mervi said...

Cute creation!
Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more;-))m

Anonymous said...

Stunning ,Thank you for joining us at Fabrika Fantasy Lisa DT