Tuesday 4 July 2017

Brilliance positive and negative birthday wishes

My mum in law lives in Tenerife whereas we live in the UK  and unlike here in the UK greeting cards are apparently hard to come by and when you do they are rather expensive . 

We were going over on holiday and she asked if I could make some light weight cards that could be sold through their weekly meeting of expats  and preferably could they be for men and anniversarries so I set to work.

I started with this fab poppystamps die I just love it not only can it work for both guys and girls depending on how you colour it but you can use the words from within it to create the negative to the positive or even inlay the words if you cut 2 in different colours or even several colours to make multi-colour inlays.

I coloured my card first with brilliance dies in a band pattern as I thought it might be a little difficult colouring the letters individually once cut. The fiddly bit was getting glue on the individual letters and pushing them out of the die onto a white base card to create the second design. In hind sight I should have waited until I bought some double sided sticky sheet as it would have made this process a lot cleaner I think , something to try next time.



I was so pleased with how they turned out I decided to do some more in other colours, so the glue bit can't have been that bad.

I would like to enter these cards into the following challenges;-

AAA -words take centre stage

CASual fridays - tic tac toe
(I chose stripes,no embellishment and texture

crafty friends - man/boy

HLS CAS -birthdays

A bit more time to craft - anything goes

cards galore encore - anything goes




10 comments:

Jane said...

Great use of the positive and negative for two fabylous cards. Think maybe i ought to move to Tenerife then, I've always got tons of cards! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Cardsbymaaike said...

nice colours and yes you can use it for men and women. Thank you for playing with us at AAA cards

Lisa xx said...

both very eye-catching cards, great job!

thank you for joining in with the Crafty Friends challenge xx

Lisa Mensing said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge.

Tracie Pond said...

So clever and love the colors. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

Irit Shalom said...

Lovely cards and fantastic take of our CAS-ual Fridays challenge. Good luck!

Andree said...

Fabulous cards. A great design technique and super colours.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore July Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

Tasha Vovchuk said...

What a fun way to make two cards out of one! Love this idea and your cards! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

BożenA said...

One panel and one day, and so many beautiful cards. Great use of all elements.
Thank you for joining us at HLS CAS.
BożenA DT HLS

Anne said...

Two lovely cards - great idea!
Thanks for sharing your card with us at HLS CAS challenge this month
Anne
HLS DT