Monday 10 July 2017

just a note to....

I found this technique whilst watching a Jenifer McGuire you tube video I stumbled across on a link from a link you get the idea . I don't have the dies she was using and actually can't remember which brand she used but I loved how her card turned out so decided to have a play and think its a technique I will be using over and over.
This card I made using a selection of poppy-stamps cat dies , I chose 3 different ones and cut 4 of each in white card and one of each in black glossy card.

I then simply glued them all together in stacks 4 white topped with one black so I ended up with 3 thick cats. I was going to colour the edges with black pen but decided I quite liked the white edge it sort of adds different dimension.

I decided to use the Tuesday morning sketches layout and that I would keep it monochrome too, I decided to add a just a note sentiment from Uniko as then I could use the card for a variety of occasions by adding whatever inside,it could be 'just a note' to wish you happy birthday, or to wish you get well, or to wish you good luck,or  to say hello. Endless possibilities and the cats could be equally for boy or girl of any age too although the colours I think might be a little more masculine.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

City crafter -Black and white


Show us your pussies - furrything goes

The male room - add texture

Jo's scrap shack - anything goes

HLS die challenge -anything goes





9 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

You know I'm a cat lover right? And this is wonderful! Perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Christine said...

Your card has fabulous dimension and a great CAS look! Congratulations on trying and succeeding with a new technique! Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack! Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Marina said...

I love this simple design - you were right to keep the edges white - it really accentuates the fabulous dimension. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

ike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ike said...

Super cool and such a great technique. I did this one time on a canvas when I didn't have any of those lovely wooden 'swirls' that people use. :-)
Good idea to leave the white edges. An awesome project.
Thank you for coming over to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love doing this technique too, it has added wonderful texture to your card, fabulous cat dies too, making a Great card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Male Room Textured challenge. Faith DT

Deborah Frings said...

Perfectly CAS, so simple and so effective! I like using this technique too. Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room, and I'm sorry to be so late commenting! Deborah, DT.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

I like the dimension you achieved on your cats, great card
thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers
Barb Housner (DT)

Christi Conley said...

I adore your card!! Of, course I'm a cat person. Saw your card on the HLS Dies Challenge and had to pop by to let you know I'm loving your card ~ Christi