Tuesday 8 August 2017

Memory box shrunk ?

Not really just shrink plastic, I've been experimenting. I used an undersea collage die and an oval die cut into shrink plastic and then coloured with pastel shades of promarkers before using a heat gun to shrink it. Before shrinking I used a hole punch to create a hole would be able to thread ribbon through. I was so pleasantly surprised when it had shrunk , some of the bits were a bit fidley to get flat but reheating soon sorted that. I threaded a piece of thin aqua ribbon through the hole and done. 
I originally thought I would mount it onto a distress inked background but I actually think it makes a funky piece of summer jewellery and I know no-one will have one the same.

I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:-



Memory box - go with the flow

Dies R us - summertime fun

Squirrels - holiday fun

Polkadoodles -anything goes

colour crazy - anything goes

RRR- anything goes

Aurora wings -the elements
(I chose water)




7 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Hi Julye. What a cool and creative project! Normally we require a hand colored image for our challenge at Aurora Wings, but since you've colored your die cut with Promarkers we're gonna let it slide. Looks fabulous on you and so unique. Thanks for joining us. xxD

Darlene said...

WOW what a unique and fun project! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Summertime Fun’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Unknown said...

What a great idea. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles for our crafting challenge weeks 30/31 Helen DT

Judy Rozema said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy Rozema said...

How fun to wear what you have made! Thank you for linking up at Really Reasonable Ribbon! Please join us again!

stampjournal said...

This is amazing. I can't believe how well the die shrunk down without losing the detail. Thank you so much for participating in this month's challenge!

Squirrel x said...

We love your fun "holiday" theme make, this is such fun and really clever. Thanks for sharing with us at Squirrel's Not So Random Challenge. There is a new theme starting tomorrow, 2nd Jan. Hugs xx